Like a lot of people nowadays, we were looking for an alternative to working the 9-5 back in our home country. So, we headed off to the other side of the world in the hopes of finding a new vision and new path to bring back home. Along with our journey, we came across a lot of struggles and difficulties. This made us come up with the idea of writing a book originally named “Failure, Success and Goals (Backpacks to Beer Taps)“.
Since writing the Book, FSG Travels has been formed. The Idea of FSG Travels is to help and Encourage others to go traveling or even just see more of their own country. Unlike other travel writers, we enjoy selling you the struggles of travels as well as the success.
We Continually Show Our Failure, Our Small Success, and Massive Goals. To show that you’re not alone, in the world of travel.
Meet the Team
Want to know who is putting the work into FSG Travels? Well, the wait is over check below.
Sean Brett ( AKA The Funny Backpacker)
Founder & CEO
- The (beautiful) face of FSG Travels, Author, Website designer, and all-around superstar.
- He is very humble!
- Traveled a lot of Europe as a child with family.
- At school Sean was expected by some teachers to have dyslexia, He refused to get tested. Now write, Articles, posts, and Books. (His writing skills are slowly improving)
- Qualified and worked as a Dental Technician after leaving school at the age of 16 following 8 years of studying and building a career…Then gave it all up for something more!
- At the age of 24, Sean decided to travel and see more of the world. Working in many different jobs like door knocking, supervising bartender, night supervisor and receptionist at a hostel.
- When Sean turned 25 (after nearly a year of traveling) he wrote his 1st book “Backpacks To Beer Taps”, which is all about his and Taylor MacKee’s struggles with their new life traveling Australia looking for a new way of making money.
- Since then Sean has built a social media following of 10,000 under the Name FSG Travels, blogs and writes articles under the same name.
- He plans to carry on traveling and inspiring others to change their lives and travel more.
- November 27th, 2021 Sean Brett Plans to travel the world. But Not just see the whole world he has been accepted to attempt the Fastest time to visit all sovereign countries!
- But Currently, Sean Is Working full time as a bartender, in a local bar! (So watch this Space)
- Sean is also known as The Funny Backpacker.
Taylor MacKee (AKA The Sassy Backpacker)
Founder & CEO
- Does everything behind the scenes.
- Main tasks are spell check, keep Sean in check and spend the cheques!
- Always had a passion for animals, Dog and Horses being her main passion. Once leaving college at 19 Taylor was in and out of different jobs from factory work to caring for horses.
- At the age of 22, Taylor found herself in an awful job and lifestyle that was causing her depression to get worse by the day.
- At this time Taylor was undergoing coaching which improved her happiness and she decided to join Sean and go to Australia, risking the little money they had to start a life of travel.
- Since this journey, Taylor MacKee has furthered herself with more coaching and co-wrote Backpacks To Beer Taps. Taylor now plans to coach and help others. She has decided to limit her travel when arriving home at the end of 2018. Currently Enjoying life with her horses
- she is still known as the Sassy Backpacker.
Wanna Chat to us…
Just throw us an Email we don’t bite.